Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Atlantic

Hello Readers!

After such a long time I'm back with another blog! I'm back at uni now and with work as well, i'll be even busier and probably even more tired to blog but i'll really really try to blog more often.

**********************************************************

Anyway the highlight of my week would probably be the dinner I had on Friday.
It was very spur of the moment but I was at crown with my boyfriend and I wanted to treat him to a nice dinner. We ended up at The Atlantic, which is a seafood restaurant that opened not too long ago at Crown and I LOVE it.


This place had a really great atmosphere, you could see the lights from the trees outside and the restaurant gets filled with a warm glow when the hourly flames outside of Crown come on as well.


This was our Yellow Fin Tuna Tartar, it was completely not what we expected when we thought of tartar but it was delicious.


Now this was our seafood platter, filled with prawns, oysters, mussels, crab, scallops and morton bay bugs!


We had to wear these bibs whilst we ate them as well, I felt kinda silly when the waiter put them on us. I was sooo full after eating it all but it was amazing! so tasty and fresh!

**********************************************************

The Atlantic is most definitely one of the places you would describe by saying "Come for the food, stay for the service" The waiter we had was the most delightful man EVER. He was attentive, friendly, humorous and so generous to us. He gave us a tour of the kitchen, explained how everything worked for us and even introduced us to the dessert chef. She was such a sweet looking girl....


This was the dessert he surprised us with, it was his personal favourite. It was kind of like a creme brulee custard with crushed nuts and spices, blueberries and a baklava biscuit. So yummy.

The generosity continued though when he surprised us with ANOTHER complimentary dessert which was a chocolate moussey kind of thing with a kind of chocolate base at the bottom. It was amazing, so rich and smooth. He even put a candle in it just because! 

**********************************************************
The two gentlemen next to us also had the seafood platter and they were very friendly and joked with us, they even offered us a glass of wine but we politely declined. We both left the restaurant in such high spirits, I'll definitely go back when I get the chance.

**********************************************************

I realise I haven't blogged about my China trip yet, so i'll probably do that sometime this week. (hopefully)

Thanks for reading, bye bye!


2 comments :

  1. Post your China trip ^___^
    That crême brulee is luxe! It even has a baklava in it...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures. Can't wait to hear about China.

    P.S. We are having a giveaway on our blog for a personalized necklace. If you get a chance please stop by and enter.

    ReplyDelete